Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kickin It Hawaiian Style

 My sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, along with the brothers of Sigma Phi Epsilon hosted our sixth annual "Kickin It" Soccer Tournament to raise money for Julian's House, a local center for victims of domestic violence.
The event was a huge success thanks to all the teams that participated.  It was a great day to host the event and reminded me of my favorite reason why I love San Diego...the weather, of course!



After the tournament, I rushed over to the UC Forums to the People of the Islands Luau.  Although I have never felt homesick during my time here at USD, I do appreciate Hawaii and the culture and unique place that I come from.  So, it was really nice to be able to dance hula and tahitian again and eat some delicious local food!

The luau ended with a concert by a reggae band called "The Green".  A lot of my friends from the mainland hadn't heard of them before, but they are EXTREMELY POPULAR in Hawaii, so it was a big deal that we got to hear them perform right in front of us.