Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Take a walk on the WILD side


In a previous post, I mentioned how CRAZY the rush process can be. You're bombarded with new names and faces all the time.  During my first couple weeks, I would see people dressed in Alpha Chi clothes walking around on campus and wave even if I had NO IDEA who they were.  But as the process has gone on, I've learned many names and made so many new friends!
But there's been one person whose been there for me along this whole journey.  During recruitment, on day 3, I talked to a sophomore whose name I could NOT remember at the time.  She was crazy, silly, and we got along PERFECTLY.  On preference night, the last night of the recruitment process, she pref'ed me, meaning she was the only person to talk to me that night for an entire hour.  Rather than feel nervous, I felt completely normal around her and knew that I had just met my new big sister.  That night, I signed my preference card and chose Alpha Chi Omega because of this one girl who had made a lasting impact on my whole rush process. 
During last weeks meeting, everything I knew during recruitment came true as my big, Katy Cooper, was revealed to me!  The week prior to the reveal, we were surprised with gifts everyday.  It was heaven!  
On reveal day, all the new members were shuffled into a room full of shirts.  We had to find our shirt, put it on, and wait as our Bigs prepared to meet us.  When we entered the room, they all had jackets on.  In groups, they got on stage, danced and stripped off their jackets to reveal shirts that matched ours.

I'm so glad that Katy's officially my big, especially since she has been the one helping me out the most in adjusting to becoming a member of Alpha Chi Omega.
It's nice to know I'm officially part of the WILD family :)